cookie jar

cookie jar

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Unsweetened Fascinations

Fascination.


According to the Wiktionary it is the exercise of a powerful or irresistible influence on the affections or passions; unseen, inexplicable influence.


Blah… blah… blah…


I’m fascinated right at this moment.

It’s just amazing how we can easily cut a tree for a minute and wait for another hundred or so years to let and see another tree grows. One hundred years? Probably, I’m dead around that time.


Let me cite another example, are you not fascinated how one can patiently wait for her hair to grow and just let anyone cut it short in just thirty minutes? Oh, happy thoughts.


         Or, how easy someone throws another one’s love away just like a hot potato or an egg. Gruesome.  Is it just that easy to fall out o’ love? Great. Now I’m talking about love again. 

Huh. I thought I was about to discuss fascination or the things that I’m really fascinated to. Nah, gimme’ a break. Ha-ha! This is my blog anyway.


Is it easy? Was it? Am I actually asking myself? Witch! Why put yourself in the hot seat? Anyways, let me answer it in the way that I know it. 

Well, first and foremost, I did not. He did. Because if it was me, then I shouldn’t have the guts to write this and let the world know that I was dumped by this person that I’ve been with for five years. But it was not sort o’ sudden-change-of-events or a whirlwind-breakup-kind-o’ thing that happened between us. It was a slow phase, I may say, slowest as an old turtle you see on zoos. It was so slow that neither one of us noticed. But maybe I did. I did notice it, I guess. That’s why I nagged him to death that triggered him to leave me anyways. It sucks finding it out yourself, you know.


But one thing is for sure, it didn’t happen all of sudden. It didn't happen in 24 hours. We’re happy as a bird and we could have been best lovers. We could have been happier and we could have made it work. We could have gone so far than what we expect to happen and we could have been great. But apparently, ours gave up. The rope was just not sturdy enough to pull us together from falling from a cliff.  And he gave up on us. He gave up on me. I just followed. And the slow phase turn of events just glorify the hurt that was due. It was due to happen. It’s written. And we just made it happen. Ours just died. Let it be.


But I was writing this down on this blog, I realized how mature I became since day one. I hope he did too. I’m wishing him happiness and all the good things in the world. I’m thankful for the unnoticeable things and the rainy days that came that I wasn’t able to say thanks to. He was able to give me the *sweetest downfall one could ever get.

I learned a lot. I matured and grew into a beautiful tree. (And of course, you don’t have to wait for me to grow for another hundred years. Five is awfully a lot time for me to grow and that’s enough.)



I’m in my happy place. And let me give you a good laugh before I end this blog: I am not bitter, I’m just unsweetened. And I’m now basking on myself gloriousness. Let me be.




*to my sweetest downfall, I love you… thank you for bringing my gloriousness back. 

1 comment:

  1. awww meow. i love this. especially the "not bitter, just unsweetened part." and i'm happy that you're now in your happy place with your "sweetest downfall." mwaah!

    ReplyDelete